Hue Universityís Learning Resource Centre (LRC) is seeking teachers for its communication English courses and its international IELTS and TOEFL test preparation courses (Speaking module). Successful applicants may teach in both streams if they wish.
Qualifications prospective teachers should have:
For Communication English courses:
- English is your native language
- A clear voice
For international IELTS, TOEFL test preparation courses:
- Undergraduate-degree holder
- Experience with IELTS or TOEFL
Minimum teaching hours required
Length of engagement: 2-3 months
Salary: 8USD/an hour (excluding 20% personal income tax)
Date to start:
- For communication English courses: all year round
- For international IELTS, TOEFL test preparation courses: November and September
Before coming to Vietnam, you must arrange to obtain a passport and an appropriate visa. It is recommended that you contact the Center at least four weeks prior to the date on which you desire to leave your home country. The Center will assist you to obtain a visa from the Vietnam Embassy in your country.
Your stay in Hue
Teaching 8 hours per week, you can afford a hotel room with air-conditioner, private bathroom, and cable TV. You'll be provided a desk with internet access in our LRC to work during LRCís office hours.
A LRCís business administrator will help you with paper work such as work permit.
Your students, who will differ in age, want to learn English for a variety of reasons: to improve their conversational English; to prepare for examinations; to gain entry to an English-speaking college or university; or to use English in their work, etc.
We host a wide range of course books, other materials and a variety of audio-visual aids that you can choose to use. Our teaching facility consists of a computer, a projector, CD player and white board in air-conditioned class room.
Typical work activities:
- planning, preparing and delivering English lessons
- classroom management (including keeping record of student attendance)
- preparing and supervising tests, examination papers, and exercises
- marking and providing appropriate feedback on studentsí oral and written work
- devising, writing and producing new materials, including audio and visual resources
- participating in marketing events for the LRC.
How to get started?
That's quite simple. Record the above text (MP3 file is preferred) and send us your recording.
Please contact us now at Ms. Huong
Add : 20 Le Loi St., Hue City, Vietnam